Montrez (Trez) Greene, Interim Director
Trez began as the Interim Director of Greek Life in January, 2013 and will serve the community until a permanent Director is identified and hired.
Trez is responsible for
- Supervising Greek Life Office staff;
- Department strategic planning and assessment;
- Advising IFC & NPHC Councils (including council officers, recruitment/intake processes, presidents, advisors, and consultants);
- Risk management (committee, education, issues, Greek Peer Educators);
- Greek Leadership & Education Series - Greek Leadership Institute, Book Clubs, Peer Facilitators;
- Alumni & Parent Relations;
- Liaison for Residence Life and Greek Housing; and
- Managing annual Greek Scholarships.
Michael Duncan, Assistant VP for Student Affairs, is the chair of the search committee for the Director of Greek Life Position. If you have any questions about the search process, please contact Michael at email@example.com.
Katherine Pezzella, Assistant Director
Katherine began as the Assistant Director of Greek Life in November 2011. Originally from Massachusetts, she earned her Bachelor of Arts at Colgate University in central New York and then moved to Chicago where she was the Program Assistant in Fraternity & Sorority Life and Student Conduct at Northwestern University. She returned to Massachusetts for her graduate studies, and there she earned her Master's at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and held her graduate assistantship in Student Leadership Programs at Wentworth Institute of Technology. A member of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Katherine volunteers as the Regional Director for Region 8, House Corporation Board member, Recruitment Advisor, and Special Recruitment Consultant for chapters of her own organization. She also serves as a volunteer facilitator for programs such as CampusSpeak's Recruitment Boot Camp, the NIC's IMPACT, and the College of Charleston's session of LeaderShape. Katherine has really enjoyed getting to know and working with students, advisors, and staff members at the College of Charleston!
Katherine is responsible for
- Advising Panhellenic Council (including council officers, Pi Chis, recruitment, presidents, advisors, and consultants);
- Greek Community Programming (Greek Activities Board);
- Advising Order of Omega and Rho Lambda honor societies;
- Academic and scholarship initiatives;
- Greek Leadership & Education Series - New Member Seminars, Varsity Leadership Academy, Greek Emerging Leaders, Book Clubs;
- Borelli Awards;
- Greek Report and GreekVine;
- Greek Life Office Public Relations and Marketing;
- Technology (OrgSync, Website, Facebook, Twitter); and
- Liaison for Student Life initiatives and programs.
Norma Luden, Adminstrative Assistant
Norma joined the Greek Life Office staff in August 2011. After serving the College of Charleston for over 30 years, Norma retired in July 2011 as the Cooridnator of Business Services for the Deparment of Student Life. Her position in the Greek Life Office offers her a more flexible schedule allowing her to spend more time with her family, including her two grandsons.
Norma is responsible for
- Managing Greek Life Office budget and Greek organization on-campus accounts;
- Perfect Greek Programming Workshop and forms management;
- Scheduling appointments for Greek Life Office staff members;
- Reservations of the Greek Life Office and NPHC House;
- Serving as the liasion to AARAMARK, Physical Plant, the Copy Center, and Business Affairs, etc;
- Greek Rosters and Grade Reports; and
- Administrative duties of the office.