Whether your student is considering attending the College of Charleston, has been accepted, or is a current student, we hope that they may find a home away from home by joining one of our fraternities or sororities.
Greek organizations are groups of men and women who come together to form a personal network of individuals with similar ideas, interests and a mutual respect for one another. They desire to create meaningful experiences in their pursuit of a well-rounded college education. Greek organizations have been a part of the College of Charleston community for over a century.
Sororities and fraternities are established with founding principles that foster:
- academic achievement
- student involvement
- community service
- and lifelong friendships.
Some of the advantages of Greek membership include:
- A support group to help make the adjustment to college easier.
- Minimum standards for membership that promote accountability and responsibility.
- Resources to help students achieve their academic goals.
- Leadership skills acquired through hands-on experiences and participation.
- Active participation in meaningful service projects and opportunities to help others.
- Valuable interaction with alumni and advisors who are professionals that volunteer their time and talent to help guide chapter operations.
If you missed our presentation at your Orientation session this summer, you can view the parent presentation here!